Chinese Traditional Food Workshop 2019
Welcome Midsummer Dragon Boat Festival
Summer has come and the Dragon Boat Festival is also around the corner.
Other than traditional customs of eating zongzi, dragon boat racing, how much do you know about the festival’s cultural allusion and keeping healthy in the summer?
“The Chinese Traditional Food Workshop” is again hosting a zongzi and scented sachet workshop. We will make traditional food, wear scented sachets, and share cultural allusions about the Dragon Boat Festival as well as knowledge about health!
- Learn about the cultural allusions behind the Dragon Boat Festival and keeping healthy in summer
- Taste zongzi and hawthorn tea (The instructor, Ellen Chow, will demonstrate how to make the tea)
- Make Jiang-nan style zongzi (2 with pork fillings & 2 with bean paste fillings) and Chinese medicine scented sachet
Date : 25 May, 2019 (Saturday) [Full Reservation] ; 1 June, 2019 (Saturday) [Full Reservation]
Time : 2 pm – 4 pm
Venue : Workshop 2, G/F, Block K, Jao Tsung-I Academy
Cost : $240 per person
$300 (families, 1 adult + 1 child, 1.5 portion of ingredients will be provided)
Quota : 12
Register : Please click here
Enquiries: 2100 2828 (Miss Lam)/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- All ingredients and utensils are included in the fee, but you need to bring your own container to hold the finished product.
- Children must be 5 years and older if in a family group; 1.5 portion of ingredients will be provided.
A Look Back at Past Workshops