A Study of Kau Wah Keng Old Village & Surrounding Areas
Through this funded project, Jao Tsung-I Academy hopes to explore the surrounding communities, taking advantage of the site as an axis to explore Kau Wah Keng Old Village and its neighbouring areas; to explore the contours and changes in the communities, and to share the life stories that are close at hand.
- Research Report “A Study of Kau Wah Keng Old Village & Surrounding Areas”
- Brochure “Kau Wah Keng Old Village & Surrounding Areas”
- Learn more
- Visitor information
- Acknowledgements & Remarks
Over the past half century, Kau Wah Keng Old Village and its neighbouring areas have undergone tremendous changes. This is a portrait of the renewal of the region and a microcosm of Hong Kong’s social changes. A Study of Kau Wah Keng Old Village & Surrounding Areas, written by Dr. Kelvin K. Chow, The University of Hong Kong, School of Chinese; and translated by Jao Tsung-I Academy, helps the public to understand the historical development and significance of this area.
Click here for PDF: A Study of Kau Wah Keng Old Village & Surrounding Areas
Housing Historical Trail – Strolling in the Community Circle of Life
Starting from the Kau Wah Keng Old Village and ending at Jao Tsung-I Academy, this trail illustrates the diversity of Hong Kong residential buildings and encourages the exploration of communities.
Click here for PDF: Kau Wah Keng Old Village & Surrounding Areas
If you like culture and heritage conservation and would like to keep in touch with Jao Tsung-I Academy, you are welcome to:
– Browse the Research Study and Heritage Interpretation of Historic Relics in Jao Tsung-I Academy homepage
– Take an active role and join a guided tour
– Become a member of The Hong Kong Institute for Promotion of Chinese Culture and enjoy exclusive privileges
– Be a Jao Tsung-I Academy volunteer to help spread culture and support the development of the Academy
– If you have any special stories, photos, articles, or even ideas, please feel free to contact us.
Contact Jess Lam of the JTIA Program Department
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
|Address||Jao Tsung-I Academy, 800 Castle Peak Road, Mei Foo, Kowloon|
|Opening Hours||10 am – 6 pm, Tuesdays–Sundays (The Gallery & Heritage Hall closed Mondays)|
To all Kau Wah Keng villagers, consultants, researchers, designers, translators, volunteers, and friends from community for their contributions to this project.
The copyright of the materials and images on this website are owned by Jao Tsung-I Academy and is intended for sharing information about the project with the public.
Please do not copy, alter, or reprint the content of this website for any other purpose without the written consent of the Academy.