“Let Our Heart Breathe” Series of activities
Seminar & Workshop
Host: Let Our Heart Breathe
Co-organizer and Venue Support: Jao Tsung-I Academy
(1) Let Our Heart Breathe x Dustykid ｜ 23rd Dec.2018 3pm-6pm
Hong Kong illustrator Rap Chan uses his “dust” to spread positive energy around, sweeping away the “dust” in everyone’s minds.
A happy conversation results when this “dust” meets the breathing of our heart.
Please come and join us.
Speakers: Ven. Chang Lin & Mr. Rap Chan (founder of Dustykid)
(2) Let Our Heart Breathe x Ms. Louisa So Yuk Wah ｜ 19th Jan.2019 7pm-9pm
From drama actress, TV entertainer, to beautiful cook.
How did Louisa So get through the road of acting and creation?
We invite you to listen to Louisa So’s story of “Let Our Heart Breathe”.
(3) Let Our Heart Breathe x TOKI NASHIKI ｜ 17th Feb.2019 3pm-5pm
The two pottery artists of TOKI NASHIKI are young.
There’s many difficulties on the road to entrepreneurship or creation.
We invite you to listen to two stories of “heart breathing”.
(4) Let Our Heart Breathe x Forest Queen’s dream ｜ 24th Mar.2019 3pm-5pm
(5) Let Our Heart Breathe x Dr. Fan Ning ｜ 14th Apr.2019 3pm-5pm
Working as a surgeon in a public hospital he saw life and death every day;
Practicing medicine in the battlefield, he felt the impermanence of life.
In establishing the charities “Health in Action” and “Forget Thee Not”,
he found that in the face of impermanence, there can still be love.
We sincerely invite you to cherish and discuss both life and death and sense their transient nature.
(6) Let Our Heart Breathe x Reverse Hell ｜ 5th May.2019 3pm-5pm
A Heaven, a Hell.
The large-scale ceramic installation “Hello!” uses modern elements to poke fun at the “six transformations”.
The creator of the work, ceramic artist Rosanna Li and Ven. Chang Lin will take you from hell to heaven.
(7) Let Our Heart Breathe x Hui Sze Sze｜ 23rd Jun.2019 5pm-7pm
From psychology to Buddhism;
From the American business community and a return to Hong Kong to operate a Buddhist supplies shop.
Step by step in seven years, struggle and study in work, family and life
Looking back, she has found that the best arrangements lay behind every encounter.
How much resonating experience has there been on the growth path in the intertwining of the material and spiritual world?
We sincerely invite you to listen to the story of, not only Hanlie, but of “Hui Sze Sze” breathing.
(8) Let Our Heart Breathe x Youth Learn about Heart Space ｜ 14th Jul.2019 3pm-5pm
Children’s time is so full, who cares about what’s in their hearts?
One primary school headmistress built “A Hub for the Heart” in her school, so that the children learn calmness from an early age.
(9) Let Our Heart Breathe x Forest Bathing ｜ 4th Aug.2019 3pm-5pm
Learn the true face of life through the wisdom of nature, being nourished by sunlight, leaves, flowing water, soil, and gentle breezes. Regain energy after exhaustion, strength after grief or loss by using your heart to understand how to think every thought and walk every step. Connect with the healing source.
We invite you to listen to the story of Amanda’s heart breathing.
Let the leaves and the forest lead and enlighten your life journey.
(10) Let Our Heart Breathe x An Unusual Pastor｜ 8th Sep.2019 3pm-5pm
Anywhere can be a nurturing grounds for both Buddhists and Christians.
The words “Pastor” and “Triad” are connected because of Pastor Joseph Mok
In a chat with an unusual Buddhist master, the unusual Christian pastor share real triad stories.
(11) Let Our Heart Breathe x Etiquette in AED｜ 20th Oct.2019 5pm-7pm
Accident & Emergency Department’s doctors are race against the clock every day like “battlefields”.
As a front-line medical staff, the heart and body were greatly affected.
How can they hold their bodies and minds under pressure and face a wide variety of medical challenges?
We invite you to listen to the heart-breathing story of the doctor from Accident & Emergency Departments.
(12) Let Our Heart Breathe x Veggie ｜ 3rd Nov.2019 3pm-5pm
What drives an advertising designer to open a vegetarian restaurant?
Is it love, or just responsibility?
How many obstacles did he encounter during the process?
Come share with the owner of the vegetarian restaurant and explore something in life.
Co-organized: Let Our Heart Breathe Jao Tsung-I Academy
(1) Let Our Heart Breathe x Coffee Zen ｜ 18th , 19th and 20th Jan.2019 9am-5pm
To feel the temperature of life when baking…
To experience the rough and the smoothness of life when grinding…
To taste the aromas and flavors of life after brewing.
Carefully taste every taste, experience every moment.
In our busy urban lives, we need to “pause and let our heart breathe”.
(2) Let Our Heart Breathe x Photography Zen ｜ 19th – 22nd April. 2019
Capture both scenery and your heart during 4 days and 3 nights.
(3) Let Our Heart Breathe x Slow Life Zen ｜ 26th, 27th and 28th April. 2019
(4) Let Our Heart Breathe x Romeo and Juliet ｜ 21st, 22nd and 23rd June. 2019
Once upon a time, Romeo and Juliet’s love came to nothing.
In today’s troubled time, sweet lovers have long been consumed by life.
On this June day, holding his hand,
Uncover the secrets of flowering in troubled times.