2022 Flower Festival – Jao Tsung-I Academy 10th Anniversary
The Jao Tsung-I Academy house over a thousand native plants, and in the past ten years, many new flowers have been added to this Urban Oasis. Every year’s early spring by February and March, all kinds of flowers together with the remarkable Bauhinia Variegata will bloom all over the Academy which makes a pleasant scenery.
“Pleasant Scenery at JTIA” Photo Competition – Awarded Photos
It’s time to announce the results of the much-anticipated “Pleasant Scenery at JTIA” 2022 Photo Competition! A total of more than 80 entries were collected in this photography competition, each of which has its own merits. It is believed that everybody is very interested in the awarded photos. The following will show the top three and the Popularity Award of the competition. We hope that everyone can explore and enjoy the beauty of Jao Tsung-I Academy and we are looking forward to having your participation in visiting and joining activities next year!
Please refer to Chinese version for awarded photos’ details.
The Popularity Award
“Pleasant Scenery at JTIA” Photo Competition – Shortlisted Photos
Thank you for supporting and participating in the “Pleasant Scenery at JTIA” Photo Competition! The following 11 shortlisted works are meticulously selected by our professional judges.
Please refer to Chinese version for shortlisted photos’ details.
Shortlisted works of past Flower Festival Photo Competitions:
Flower Festival Photo Competition 2019
Flower Festival Photo Competition 2018
(Please refer to Chinese version for details)
“Pleasant Scenery at JTIA” Photo Competition
Spring flowers are blooming, and it’s the season of flower appreciation. Every spring, the Bauhinia Variegata flowers in the Jao Tsung-I Academy will bloom, putting a touch of pink on the century-old building of the Academy, making it even more serene and elegant. This year, the Academy invites you to participate in this photo competition with the theme of “Pleasant Scenery at JTIA”. Come visit the Academy to enjoy the blooming flowers and take photos of the beauty of flowers and the Academy through your camera.
Date: 7 February – 31 May, 2022
(Due to the severe situation of the current epidemic, the deadline of call for submission has been extended to May 31)
All submissions welcome
Download Registration Form (Word / PDF)
- Competition Theme
- Show the charm and uniqueness of Jao Tsung-I Academy through photographic works.
- Photography subjects include flowers, birds, buildings, people, objects, indoor and outdoor landscapes in the Academy and the Heritage Lodge.
- Use your camera lens to record the impression of the Academy.
- Open entry and no age limit, anyone who loves photography is welcome to participate.
- Submission Deadline
- 31 May, 2022
- Submission Requirement
- Entry photos must to taken at the Jao Tsung-I Academy from 7 February to 31 May, 2022.
- Participant can download the registration form (Word / PDF) from this website, and revert it to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the named entry photo. Please indicate the email title as 2022 Flower Festival “Pleasant Scenery at JTIA” Photo Competition.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 2 entries, the file name of the entry should be named in the way of “name_shooting date (yyyymmdd).jpg”
(i.e.: photo by Chen Siu Ming on February 18, 2022)
- The submitted photo files must be saved in JPG format, each photo size not less than 500KB but no more than 2MB.
- The Competition will have a Winner, a First Runner-up, a Second Runner-up and Merit Awards. The Winner will receive a One-night Suite Stay at the Heritage Lodge with two breakfasts and Dinner at House of Joy for two persons; the First Runner-up will receive a One-night Theme Room Stay at the Heritage Lodge with two breakfasts and Lunch at Coffeeflow for two persons; the Second Runner-up will receive a One-night Standard Room Stay at the Heritage Lodge with two breakfasts. Those receiving Merit Awards will be given a souvenir.
- Jao Tsung-I Academy has the publication rights of all winning entries. Photos will be uploaded to the Academy’s website jtia.hk/flower-photo2022 and other social media for sharing with people in Hong Kong and overseas.
- Distinguished works may be made into gifts and souvenirs of the Academy.
- Result Announcement
- The winning entries will be announced and shared on the Jao Tsung-I Academy website and other social media after the competition, awardees will be notified separately.
- The judging panel of the competition composed of local cultural and artistic groups, will assess each entry and consider according to factors of whether the entries meet the requirements of the competition theme, artistic conception, composition, and photographic quality.
- Terms & Conditions
- The competition will be held from 7 February to 31 May, 2022.
- Entry photos must be taken at the Jao Tsung-I Academy during the competition period.
- The entries must not display the information of product promotion, and the participant are not allowed to add text, symbols or pictures that include personal information such as signatures or watermarks in the photos.
- Digital photos can be adjusted by color, light and shade, contrast adjustment and dust removal. Composite photos are not acceptable.
- The photos must be the original work of the participant. Jao Tsung-I Academy reserves the right to use the submitted work for publicly display, promotion and publication or product production in any media. The Jao Tsung-I Academy will not bear any responsibility or fees regarding copyright.
- To ensure fairness, employees of Jao Tsung-I Academy and their immediate family members are not allowed to participate in the competition.
- Jao Tsung-I Academy reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or selected entry without explanation, the Academy’s decision is final.
- Jao Tsung-I Academy reserves the right of final interpretation of these rules and reserves the right to amend the rules without prior notice to participants. In case of any disputes, the final decision of the Academy shall prevail.
Tel: 2100 2828 / 2100 2880 (10 am – 6 pm, Monday – Friday)