Jao Tsung-I Academy 10th Anniversary Logo Design Competition
Jao Tsung-I Academy is located in a 100-year-old Grade III historical building complex, a leafy hillside in Lai Chi Kok, an oasis nestled between the buildings of modern Hong Kong. The Low Zone of the Academy was opened to the public in 2012. Upholding the “Preservation of Cultural Heritage” as its guiding principle, the Academy has established a broad and open cultural platform for the general public to conduct cultural exchange as well as to experience and help preserve the unique culture of Hong Kong.
To celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the opening of the Academy, the Academy invites you to participate in the “10th Anniversary Logo Design Competition”. This “10th Anniversary Celebration” is unique since the Academy is going to have a “Cross-Year Celebration”. The revitalisation of the Academy was divided into two phases, in 2012, the Academy completed the first phase, which is the Low Zone and opened to the public, while the second phase was completed in 2014, and the whole Academy was officially opened; The awarded 10th Anniversary logo will be in use for two years, and will appear on various promotional materials for the Academy 10th Anniversary, including the official website, social media platforms, posters, event backdrops… and more, your entries will have more exposure!
Unleash your design soul, join the Competition now!
Call for Submission | 22 June – 22 July, 2022
Submission | Join Now
- Competition Theme
- Logo design reveals the historical background, revitalisation of the heritage building, lots of colourful programs and events and the experience from exploring our path to accumulating partnerships to the current Academy.
- Design direction includes the atmosphere of History, Culture and Art, the multicultural promotion, and sustainable development of the Academy.
- Open entry and no age limit, design enthusiasts are welcome to participate.
- Submission Deadline
- 22 July, 2022
- Submission Requirement
- Entry designs must be submitted online through the Academy’s official website from June 22 to July 22, 2022.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 2 entries.
- The submitted files must not less than 500KB but no more than 2MB. Awarded designs are required to provide editable files for adoption in promotional material.
- The Competition will have a Winner, a First Runner-up, and a Second Runner-up. The Winner will receive one Coffeeflow 1-year Free Coffee Pass; the First Runner-up will receive a One-night Theme Room Stay at the Heritage Lodge with two breakfasts; the Second Runner-up will receive a Deluxe Lunch Set for two persons at House of Joy.
- The Academy has the publication rights of all winning entries. Designs will be uploaded to the Academy’s official website and social media platforms for sharing with people in Hong Kong and overseas.
- Distinguished works may be made into gifts and souvenirs of the Academy.
- Result Announcement
- The winning entries will be announced and shared on the Academy’s official website and social media platforms after the competition. Awardees will be notified separately.
- The judging panel of the competition, composed of local cultural and artistic groups, will assess each entry and consider whether the entries meet the requirements of the competition theme, artistic conception, and composition.
- Terms & Conditions
- The competition will be held from 22 June to 22 July, 2022.
- The entries will appear on various promotional materials together with the original logo of Jao Tsung-I Academy. When designing the 10th Anniversary logo, please be sure to consider the compatibility between the original logo of Jao Tsung-I Academy and the 10th Anniversary logo.
- The entries must not display product promotion information. The participant is not allowed to add text, symbols or pictures that include personal information such as signatures or watermarks in the photos.
- The designs must be the original work of the participant. The Academy reserves the right to use the submitted work for public display, promotion and publication or product production in any media. The Academy will not bear any responsibility or fees regarding copyright.
- To ensure fairness, employees of the Academy and their immediate family members are not allowed to participate in the competition.
- The Academy reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any entry or selected entry without explanation, the Academy’s decision is final.
- The Winner who is awarded the 1-Year Free Coffee Pass must be personally present at Coffeeflow, and one complimentary drink per day.
- The Academy reserves the right of final interpretation of these rules and reserves the right to amend the rules without prior notice to participants. In case of any disputes, the final decision of the Academy shall prevail.
- Tel: 2100 2828 / 2100 2880 (10:00 – 18:00, Monday – Friday)
- Email: email@example.com