Terms and Conditions for Visitors
- Starting from 1 Jan 2015, the Academy offers free guided tours. No advance booking is necessary for individual visitors. Interested participants may present themselves at the Guided Tour Meeting Point at the main entrance of the Academy in Low Zone prior to the start of each guided tour. Prior registration is required for group visitors. Groups should fill in the form requesting guided tour and meal services. Please visit the Academy’s website for further details. Registered groups should bring along the confirmation letter and identity proof for verification upon admission at the main entrance.
- The number of participants in any group visit should not exceed 120.
- Any group with more than 15 participants must complete the application form for Group Visits.
- Vehicles may drop off or pick up passengers at the main entrance of the Academy, but there is no provision for public parking space.
- The Academy has both indoor and outdoor areas. Please bring your own sunscreen protection and drinking water as necessary.
- Please take care of your personal belongings and observe safety precautions. The Academy will not be responsible for any loss or damage to personal property within its premises.
- The Academy is a complex of Grade 3 historic buildings. Please take good care of our heritage and avoid causing any damage to the buildings and facilities.
- To maintain a comfortable environment, smoking is prohibited within the premises of the Academy (including the areas for passenger drop-off and pick-up). Photography, eating and drinking are prohibited inside the Gallery and Heritage Hall. Please refrain from making any excessive noise or behaving in any disorderly manner.
- Prior permission must be obtained from the Academy for any photographic activities for commercial purposes, wedding pictures or modeling.
- Please be careful when taking pictures and do not cause any disturbance to other visitors. Tripods are prohibited unless prior permission has been obtained from the Academy.
- No pets (except guide dog and pets for accommodation of Heritage Lodge).
- The Academy has the right to demand the departure of any person who cause disturbance to other visitors.
- In the event that Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal hoisted by the Hong Kong Observatory is still in force at or after 8:00 a.m. on any particular day, the Academy will be closed for that day. All previously booked guided tours for that day will be cancelled. If the Education Bureau has announced the cancelation or suspension of classes in schools, all previously booked school visits and related services of the day will be cancelled. Please contact our staff by telephone (2100-2828) regarding any special arrangements.
- The Academy reserves the right to decisions on the final interpretation of these rules and regulations, and the right to accept or reject any applications.
For the sake of public health, all visitors should take the following precautionary measures to minimize the risk of being infecting and spreading COVID-19.
- Comply with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering)
Regulation (Cap. 599G) on the prohibition of group gatherings.
- Wear a mask
- check temperature before visiting
- Keep a safe social distance
- Use alcohol-based hand gels to clean hands